This article will cover the process of preparing Google G Suite for HCP integration, during the process you will configure the following:
- Create New Project
- Configure Project Authorization
- Global Calendar Sharing
- Create & Configure Resource Calendars
Create New Project
- The first step in the process is to create a new project for the integration between HCP and Google G Suite, to do so navigate to Google Cloud Platform and log in using your Google Domain Admin
- Click Create Project
- Enter a name for your project and click Create
- A notification should appear in the notification area when the project is created
- Click on the notification to reach the API Manager, or otherwise, you can go to Menu Icon > API Manager > Dashboard
- Click on Enable APIs and Services
- The API Library will appear, search for “Google Calendar API”, Select Google Calendar API and click Enable
- Repeat the previous step adding and enabling “Gmail API”
- Enable the last needed API “Admin SDK” for the project
- Now you need to create a service account, click on the Menu Icon, select IAM & Admin, then select Service Account
- Click Create Service Account, fill in the Name, ID and the Description and click Create
- Assign the service account the Role “Service Account Token Creator” from the drop-down menu and click next
- Press on Create Key and select P12 and click create, save the P12 key as it will be used later.
- Click on done, the Service account should be ready in the list of service accounts, press “Edit” to collect the needed info
- Take a note of the “Client ID” and the service account email address as they will be needed in later steps.
- Click on “Show Domain Wide Delegation” and checkmark “Enable”, add a product name of your choice, then click “Save”
- Now you need to Grant the service account API Access permissions, to do so, navigate to https://admin.google.com and select Security
- Select API Controls then Manage Domain Wide Delegation
- Under the API Clients ID, Add a new client and use your service account Client ID, copy and paste the following strings to OAuth scopes then press Authorize
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.send
Create & Configure Resource Calendars
- To configure the global resource sharing and create a new resource, navigate to https://admin.google.com then select “Apps”
- From the Apps page, select Google Workspace then Calendar
- Select External Sharing option, set external sharing options for primary calendars to "only free/busy information"
- The Next Step is to Create one or more calendar resources, to do so, navigate to “Resources”, if you already have resources configured, you can skip the steps till subscribing section
- Click “Create a new resource” create building then create rooms
- Add the details for your resource and then "Add Resource".
- Go to https://www.google.com/calendar and in the calendar side menu under "Other calendars" press the + icon and browse for your newly created Resource and click the check box icon.
- Select the newly created resource calendar from the list and select the menu icon, then “Settings and Sharing”
- Make sure to add the service account which will has settings of show free/busy, and the users “Make Changes to Events”
- Repeat the previous step for all resources in the project.
- Note it might take up to 24 hours for the changes to be applied on G Suite.
Now you can processed to Humly Control Panel Installation