HCP can be installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 and later Microsoft Windows versions, and on Ubuntu Linux 16.0.4 LTS or later LTS versions.
The Installation procedure depends on the selected operation system.
Windows Installation Prerequisites
- Windows Server 2012 R2 or later servers versions
- Static IP address is needed for the HRD devices to connect to later
- Accessible and whitelisted through the firewall ports for HTTP and HTTPS, the default ports are 3000 and 3002
- A user with sudo permission
- Accessible booking system (e.g. Office 365) over HTTPS port TCP 443
- Access to NTP Server over port UDP 123
In this part of the guide, we will use Windows Server 2016 as our operating system, however the same steps can be used on all supported windows versions.
- It is highly recommended to update your windows using windows update service, this will make sure the proper .Net and build packages are included is the OS.
- Download the latest Humly Control Panel version and copy the installation file to your server
- Unzip HCP Installer file using your prefered tool, we recommend 7zip, the extracted files should look like this
- Start the automatic installer “setup.exe” which will handle the installation of all prerequisites
- Accept the license agreement for installing MongoDB
- Accept the license agreement for installing Nodejs
- Based on your operating system, Visual C++ "2015-2019" Run-time Libraries (x64) might need to be installed, the installer will detect this, if prompted to press install button
- Accept the license agreement and press install
- Based on your OS, restart might be required after installing Visual C++ "19" Runtime Libraries (x64), please restart your windows, and run the “setup.exe” file again and accept the license agreement for MongoDB and Nodejs
- After the installation of the prerequisites, Humly Control Panel installation should start, accept the license agreement and press next
- The prerequisite window should appear to confirm which packages are should be installed before installing HCP, in our case, everything is installed by the setup.exe installer
- Select the installation path and the user permissions and press next
- Next up is to create credentials for the Mongo database. It is the database which stores the meetings, users and Humly Control Panel settings. If you want to install the database on an external mongo db server, please refer to the document on installing the HCP database on external mongodb server.
- Now the installer will start the process of Humly Control Panel installation, this might take several minutes, please wait until the installation is done.
- When the installation is finished, you should see the below window, press close
- Verify that HRM service is running under services.msc
- Now you should be able to access the HCP via browser using http://localhost:3000, or from another PC via http://<IP or FQDN>:3000
- HCP is ready now for the booking system configuration
- Now the server is ready to connect with the booking system