Linux Installation Prerequisites
- Ubuntu Linux 64 bit, 16.0.4 or 18.0.4 LTS
- Static IP address is needed for the HRD devices to connect to later
- Accessible and whitelisted through the firewall ports for HTTP and HTTPS, the default ports are 3000 and 3002
- A user with sudo permission
- Accessible booking system (e.g. Office 365) over HTTPS port TCP 443
- Access to NTP Server over port UDP 123
- Access to the internet to download and install the dependent packages via apt get
In this part of the guide, we will use Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS as our operating system which we connect to via SSH
- it is highly recommended to update and upgrade the OS and install the basic build packages before starting the installation, use the below commands
sudo apt install -y build-essential
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
- Download the latest Humly Control Panel version and copy the installation file to your server
- Extract the installation file using tar command below
tar -xzf installation_v*.tar.gz
- A directory which matches the HCP version should now have been extracted, you can check this by running ls command.
- Change directory to the newly extracted directory and run the installation script
cd v1.* && sudo bash install.sh
- The installation script will automatically recognize the necessary tools/prerequisites required to run Humly Control Panel. To continue and install, select Yes by typing 1 and pressing Enter
- Next up is to create credentials for the Mongo database. It is the database which stores the meetings, users and Humly Control Panel settings. Set a username (e.g. humly_user) and press Enter. Then set a password (e.g humly_pass) which you repeat twice, pressing Enter in between and set the database name (e.g humly_db) then press Enter
- Specify the database server address, the default is to install the database locally on the same server and the address in this case should be the default localhost:27017. If you want to install the database on an external mongo db server, please refer to the document on installing the HCP database on external mongodb server.
- Type the HTTP application port (default 3000) and press Enter
- Set a memory limit for HCP application by typing the amount, the recommended is 4096, the recommended number will vary based on the number of HRD devices connected to the server.
- The application installed successfully and post installation messages should appear
- You should now be able to access Humly Control Panel via a web browser on the configured HTTP application port (default 3000).
- You might want to remove the installation files as they are no longer needed, use the following commands
cd .. && sudo rm -r installation_v*.tar.gz
- HCP is ready now for the booking system configuration