After the successful installation, HCP is ready to connect to the booking system through the wizard, select your booking system from the drop menu and continue with the details below for each booking system.
Based on the Authentication method you will be using to connect office 365, the process might vary, the process of connecting HCP to Office 365 using the legacy authentication method is very similar to the process of connecting HCP to Exchange servers. This is explained in detail in the later step.
In the next example, we will use Modern Authentication to connect HCP to Office 365
- Open your web browser and go to http://localhost:3000 or http://<server IP or FQDN>:3000 if you are connecting from another computer.
- Based on your browser, you might see certificate warning as the certificate will be used now are self signed certificates, the certificates can be changed in later step if you want to use public TLS.
Proceed to the next step by accepting the certificate
- Start by selecting Office 365 from the drop down menu and click next
- Select if you want Humly Control Panel to connect to Office 365 via a direct connection or a proxy, if you have a proxy, you need to provide the URL, the port, and the credential if the proxy server requires this, then press next.If the connection is direct, press next.
- Fill in the Service Account email address, the Tenant / Directory ID and the Application ID, those information should have been noted during Office 365 Preparation
- On the provided URL, enter the code from the wizard then click "Next".
- Use the service account email and password to sign in to the created application, in our example “Humly Control Panel”
- Accept the requested permission for Humly Control Panel Application
- Close Microsoft Authentication window when you see the success note
- Enter the https application port you would like to use (default 3002). Additionally, you can upload your own SSL/TLS certificate and then click Next. If no certificate is uploaded, a unique auto generated self-signed certificate will be used.
- Enter a NTP server (e.g. 0.pool.ntp.org) that Humly Control Panel and the Humly Room Display units will have access to and then click Next.
- Agree to the conditions of the EULA and then click Accept
- The credentials are generated for your Humly Control Panel, please make note of them and click Finish.