In the Humly Control Panel you can add and administer users.
It is not required to add users unless you want to take advantage of the PIN/RFID Authentication to book meetings directly on the Humly Room Display.
Create single users
1. Log in to the Humly Control Panel.
2. Go to Users in the left panel.
3. Click on the "Add user" button.
4. Enter the credentials of the user you would like to add. Email, Full Name, Organization, Description, User type.
5. Done! An email will be sent to the user with credentials.
User type accounts
The global admin can administer and configure the entire Humly Control Panel and Humly Room Display. The first global admin account is usually created during the basic configuration of HCP, sharing the username (email address) with the service account.
To avoid being accidentally locked out it is recommended to have more than one global admin account in HCP.
An admin account in Humly Control Panel which can be limited to administer a subset of rooms.
A user that can view and export statistics data in Humly Control Panel.
|User||Can use the booking system.|
|Guest||If a users email does not exist in the booking system backend, user can only be added as a guest to use the Humly Room/Desk Booking.|
To learn more about accounts and users, please go to Accounts and users in HCP.
Import a list of users
It is possible to import users both from using a csv file and LDAP.
Import from a csv file
1. Click on Import Users. Choose > From CSV file
2. Use the CSV template for importing users to list your user information. Be sure to export the file as a
.csv when completed. Then browse
.csvmust have name and email at least.
3. To import the file use the URL or path to .csv or import the .csv file with clicking Browse.
Import from LDAP
1. Click on Import Users. Choose > From LDAP
2. Fill out server, port, username and password, then click Test Connection. If the connection is successful, fill out the rest of the information and click Import to initiate.
|LDAP Server||Domain name or IP address to the LDAP server.|
|Port||Server port to connect on. 636 is the default for use with TLS (LDAPS) and port 389 for use without TLS (LDAP).|
|Disable||Checkbox to disable the use of TLS e.g. for non-secure LDAP connections on port 389.|
|Username||LDAP user to be used for authentication.|
|Password||Password for the above mentioned LDAP user.|
|LDAP Search Base||Defines the directory base from which the LDAP search begins, for example
|LDAP Search Filter||A search filter which will be applied within the defined LDAP search base.|
|LDAP RFID Attribute||Tells Humly Control Panel which LDAP attribute contains the RFID information. This is optional.|
PINS and Password
When a user is created an email is sent to the users mail with username, password and PIN. This is the credentials needed to use HCP, Humly Room Display or Humly Room/Desk Booking. The user can later change the password under My profile.