Since last year's addition of desk booking functionality - Humly Desk Booking - and the more frequent integrations with sensors we have seen an increased need for a quick and easy way to visualise occupancy and other data for an entire office at a glance. We think it is good to show the room and desk availability in a 3D overview of the office space.
Humly Floor Plan is available in Humly control panel version 1.14 and above; it allows the users to quickly and easily visualize occupancy and show the rooms and desks availability in a 3D overview of the office space.
This Admin Guide will cover :
- Technical Requirements
- Create Floor Plan
- License: Humly Floor Plan is available to all customers running our Humly Cloud with a license. For on-prem customers, it is also required to allow connection to *.humly.cloud over port 443.
Please refer to the Licensing documentation for more information on how to add the license for Humly Floor Plan Humly Licenses
- Supported Browsers: Humly Floor Plan works with modern browsers. Some TV browsers might require additional testing.
Create Floor Plan
To create a Floor Plan, send your existing floor plans to your sales contact. The supported formats are jpg, png, gif, or pdf. The processing may require some manual fine-tuning, so please expect this process to take a few days to pass quality assurance. After processing and quality assurance, you will receive a Floor Map ID and Client Token, which will be used to create the Floor Plan in HCP, as explained in the next section.
To create a new Floor Plan, follow the steps below
- From Humly Control Panel, go to Settings, then Floor Plan tap and press on “Create a Floor Plan”
- Give the Floor Plan you are creating a name, fill in the client token you received from your sales contact, and assign the floor plan to a structure.
- Fill in the Floor Map ID, and click on load map.
- The map will be loaded, including the rooms, desks, and other furniture.
- Based on the structure, you should see a list of the rooms and the desks available for mapping; click on Desks or Rooms to see the available resources.
- Start assigning rooms to the map by selecting the room name from the room list and clicking on the plus icon.
- Now select the space on the map you want to assign to this room; you can simply click once on each corner of the room you want, then click on the assign button.
- When the room is assigned, the color will be changed to dark blue, and when you have the mouse over the room, the room name should appear as per the example below.
- In the same way, assign a desk by selecting the desk from the desks list, then click on the plus icon
- Select the desk you want and click on the assign button; once the desk is assigned, the color will be changed to dark blue.
- Repeat the process until you assign all the resources you want.
- You can specify how the Floor Plan will be loaded for the users depending on the screens they are using in both the portrait and landscape. Click update to apply.
- The last part of creating the Floor Plan is to customize the regional settings and the header and footer of the Floor Plan; click update to apply the changes.
- The Floor Plan is ready to be used; the URL appears in the table view under the Floor Plan tab; it will also be sent to any new user added to Humly Control Panel.
- Humly Floor Plan is ready to be used by the users, link to the user guide here Humly Floor Plan - User Guide
- Floor Plan, Deskbooking, and Reservations booking can be limited from a week up to 6 months, this option can be configured from Humly Control Panel settings