Windows installation prerequisites
- Windows Server 2016 64-bit or later versions.
- Minimum of 2 cores, 4GB of RAM, and 40 GB storage.
- A static IP address for the Humly control panel.
- Accessible ports for HTTP and HTTPS protocols, de default ports are TCP 3000 and TCP 3002. Port TCP 3000 is only used within localhost as it is forwarded to port 3002.
- Accessible booking system backend (e.g., M365, Exchange, Google workspace, or Nexudus) over HTTPS port TCP/443.
- Access to NTP server over port UDP 123.
- Administrator permission for the machine.
Currently, there are 2 different kinds of installation files for Windows-based Humly control panels
Humly Control Panel Online installer
Faster in terms of file size. However, the machine needs internet access as some packages will be downloaded from the internet.
Humly Control Panel Offline installer
The larger installation file size, of which does not need to have access to the internet during the installation. This is the version to choose if you are, e.g., running the machine in an isolated network.
For this part of the guide, we will be using HCP v220.127.116.11 and running it on a Windows server 2022 64-bit machine.
- It is highly recommended to update your Windows using the windows update service to ensure that the proper .Net and build packages are included in the OS.
- Download the installation file for Humly control panel and copy it over to the machine that you want to have it installed on.
- Right-click the installation file and run it as administrator.
- Agree to the terms of service and click on Install.
- Click on Next after the Setup Progress finishes.
- Choose the file path for were the Humly control panel should be installed and click on Next.
- Now you need to create credentials for the Mongo database. MongoDB will be stored internally in your machine and will be acting as the database which stores meeting, users, and Humly control panel settings. Click on Next when ready.
- Now you can press the Install button and let the installation run. Based on your OS, a restart might be required after installing Visual C++ "19" Runtime Libraries (x64). If so please restart your OS and run the installation file again.
- When the process is done you can click on Finish.
- Now you should be able to access the Humly control panel through web browser using http://localhost:3000 or from another machine using http://<,IP or FQDN>,:3000. Port 3000 is only forwarding to port 3002 which means that you will get redirected to https://localhost:3002.
- Based on your web browser you might see certificate warnings as the current certificate being used is self-signed. The certificate can either be changed later on during the HCP wizard or you can change it right now by replacing the self-signed certificates to SSL certificates.
- Now the server is ready to be connected to a booking system. Please move on to Step 3: Connect HCP to Booking System.